Promoting the accuracy, precision, and quality of point of care testing (POCT) results.
Point of Care Testing Toolkit
This toolkit for laboratory directors of POCT testing has been developed by the College of American Pathology (CAP) POCT Resource Committee as a service to CAP members and the laboratory community. It is intended to be a resource for any pathologist who wants to learn about POCT or who has responsibility to guide or direct POCT.
The POCT Toolkit is available digitally at ebooks.cap.org.
The toolkit contains the following chapters:
- Introduction & Definitions
- Advantages & Disadvantages
- Current & Projected Technology
- References Tools
- Toolkit Authors
- Pathologist Roles
- Pathologist as Laboratory Director
- Pathologist as Clinical Consultant
- Pathologist’s Regulatory Role
- Pathologist as Technical Consultant
Articles on POCT
Visit CAP TODAY to access the following articles:
- An Uneasy Dance With POC Glucose in the ICU (October 2013)
Join the Point of Care Testing Committee
Learn more about our committee activities and how to join the Point of Care Testing Committee.