A description of how to set up a Patient Blood Management in your hospital's Transfusion Service to make blood transfusions safer—and save the hospital money.
- Understand the Risks of Blood Transfusion and why less is more
- How to analyze the need for PBM
- Steps needed to produce an effective PBM
- How to analyze your success for decreasing:
- Red Cell Usage
- Platelet Usage
- Plasma Usage
- Improve relations with the Hospital Management through significant money savings.
Lowell Tilzer MD, Ph.D., FCAP